Monday, January 4, 2010

NYE twenty-ten


I was lucky enough to ring in the new year with wonderful company and INCREDIBLE food -- the only two things I really require in life.



Dinner at the cafe of Chez Pannisse.  Speachless.  This is only the second time I've eaten here and I felt like I was glowing when we left dinner -- really just a magical evening.
 



Sheep's milk ricotta with blood oranges, and green olive vinaigrette -- light, simple, fresh.  So good.


Carpaccio of grass-fed beef with mustard sauce, shallots and radishes!



Lasagna verde with chanterelles, spinach and thyme. This dish was earthy and rich, but somehow light and delicate at the same time.  My goal is to recreate it at home -- will let you know how it goes.


Grilled Lagier Ranches goose with chestnuts, potatoes and chicories salad.



Dinner was followed by a record-setting game of Timber (aka Jenga), too much wine and cheese.  All in all, a successful evening.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment