Sunday, October 25, 2009

moroccan spice


Came across this recipe for a moroccan-style marinade.  It was so good -- I decided to use it twice!

Recipe --
3/4 cup olive oil
3/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 tbl fresh ginger, minced
1 tbl garlic, minced
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne

To prepare, whisk all ingredients together.  

I used half to marinate cubed lamb (2 hours or so) -- which I skewered.  This would be great on flank steak as well!  The other half I brushed on assorted vegetables (reserve any left-over marinade): eggplant, bell peppers, zucchini and onion.  Using a cast iron grill pan, I grilled each of the vegetables, until tender.  Once cool enough to handle -- I diced into 1 inch pieces and tossed with reserved marinade, toasted pine nuts, mint and salt & pepper.



While the vegetables were cooling, I grilled the lamb skewers until caramelized on the outside, but still pink in the center (med to med-rare).  I served the lamb skewers over quinoa that I seasoned with lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, cumin, fresh mint (minced) and salt & pepper -- and garnished the dish with a sprig of mint.





I really enjoyed both of these dishes -- and the combination of the two together.  Give it a try and let me know what you think!

Recipe: Sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment