Saturday, October 24, 2009

taco night

 
I love taco night!!  It's by far my favorite weeknight staple.  As I'd mentioned, I wanted to try using the chipotle salsa as a marinade or sauce of sorts.  I incorporated about 1 1/2  cups of the salsa with 2 cloves of minced garlic and a couple tbl of olive oil -- added the mixture to a bag with roughly 1 lb. of chicken breast and marinated for an hour or so.  I then added the chicken and 1/3 cup of the marinade to a saute pan and cooked, covered, on medium-high heat until chicken was mostly cooked through.  I ended up shredding the chicken and adding it back to the pan with the sauce and simmering a few more minutes, uncovered, to allow the sauce to reduce and coat the chicken.  




I served the chicken on flour tortillas with shredded romaine lettuce, green onion, cilantro, avacado, sour cream, a bit more chipotle salsa and a lime wedge!  We devoured every bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment